Initial Setup for Beonline
Once you have contacted us to set up a new account, your
computer needs to be configured to dial into Beonline and use
our servers for things like email. This guide will show you,
step by step, how to access your Beonline account.
To start the walkthrough with graphics, click
If you would like to print instructions for the setup, they
are included below:
- Click on the Start button (lower left-hand corner of the
- Click on "Run..."
- In the box that appears, type "icwconn1" (no quotes),
then press "OK"
- The Internet Connection Wizard will load and present you
with a few options. Select the option labeled "I want to
setup my Internet connection manually..." (this is usually
option 3). Click "Next"
- Select the option labeled "I connect through a phone
line and modem" and click "Next"
- It will ask for the phone number to dial. This is
not your phone number. Enter 614 for the area code,
United State as the country, and 441-4055 for the telephone
number, then click "Next"
- You will now be prompted for your user name and
password. Keep in mind that the username is not
your full email address, but rather the first part of it.
(ex: if my login name is jsmith, my email address is email@example.com.
I would only enter jsmith if asked for my user name) Click
- You will be asked to name the connection you have just
created. The default "Connection to 441-4055 " is fine. If you
choose to name it something different, make sure that it is
descriptive, such as "Beonline"
- Now that the connection is set up, it is time to
configure email. You will be asked if you wish to setup an
Internet mail account. Choose yes and click Next.
- Choose "Create a new Internet mail account" and click
- Enter your full name (ex: John Smith) as the Display
Name and click Next.
- Enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org, ex: email@example.com)
and click Next.
- For the type of incoming mail server, choose POP3 (it
should be selected already). In the box labeled "Incoming
mail (POP3, IMAP, of HTTP) server:" enter "pop.gmail.com".
Enter the smtp.gmail.com for the outgoing mail server and click
- Enter your login name where it asks for Account name.
This will probably already be filled in. Enter your password
in the box and, if desired, check the box labeled Save
Password. Do not check the box to login using
Secure Password Authentication. Click Next.
- You are done! If you would like to connect immediately,
leave a checkmark in the box presented to you, and click
Finish. If you don't wish to connect now, just uncheck the
box and click Finish. To access the Internet from now on,
just open Internet Explorer (there should be an icon on your
desktop) or Outlook Express for email (if you don't see a
shortcut, look under Start->Programs->Outlook Express).